The Agency Inc.
Insuring Auto, Home, Life, Business and More
October is National Fire Prevention Month
According to the National Fire Prevention Association, winter months see an increase in home fires, deaths and injuries. In Montana especially, these months are when we turn on the heat to keep our homes warm. These are necessary steps to help keep your home and family safe; prevention is key!
- Make sure your heating source is well maintained. Have fireplaces and heating systems checked and well maintained.
- Don’t keep any household items near your heating source which may ignite if they are close including furnishings.
- Do not leave burners or grills unattended when cooking and keep dish towels, clothing and other items away from heating elements and open flame.
- Monitor pets and children so burners do not inadvertently get turned on.
- Keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children.
- Always monitor burning flames including candles or use an alternative battery-operated candle for ambiance.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are working.
- Place a fire detector on every level of your home.
- Keep Fire Extinguishers handy and ensure they have not expired and train everyone in your home on how to use one.
A great way to observe National Fire Prevention Month is to work on a family escape plan.
- Practice fire drills with your family
- Have at least two ways to get out of the house
- Set a meeting place for everyone
- Store valuable documents in a fireproof box
At The Agency, our mission is to serve our clients, customers, friends, neighbors and families with respect, unparalleled professional advice and impeccable service.
SERVICE & TRUST
We are a full service independent insurance agency committed to providing our policy holders with prompt courteous service. We aim to go beyond the expected. We provide a financial security blanket for all our clients so that both businesses and families have a secure future. We want our clients to rest easy knowing that they have a partner to support them on their journey.